Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Santaquin Days!

This past weekend Wayne and I took the kids back up to Santaquin for Santaquin Days! It has kind of become a tradition in our family. I think that we have maybe missed it once of twice since we have been married. Our main reason for going is to show support for my Dad. He is on the Santaquin City Council and has been in charge of Santaquin Days Activities for a few years now. Our favorite things we go to is the Parade, Carnival at the park and the Rodeo. Yep the man in white is my dad. This is by far the best "candy" parade in Utah. It's almost as good as trick or treating. The Santaquin Parade seems to be getting better every year. This year is was awesome. It kept even the littlest of minds (Ty) entertained for an hour or two. Not only was my dad in the parade, but so was my brother-in-law and my two nephews. My brother-in-law Jeramy is a firefighter in Santaquin and one of the perks is that he gets to drive one of the trucks and his boys get to throw out the candy.Usually after the parade we head over to the park and enjoy the entertainment, food, booths, and activities for the kids. This year Santaquin City bought some of the blow up jumpy slides and castles for the kids, and had pony rides and a treasure hunt.

I think the girls favorite part was the pony ride. We spent hours at the park just me and the girls. Wayne and Ty went to the mud diggs out in Goshen to have a little male bonding. After the park we went back to my parents house and waited til it was time to go the Rodeo. The Rodeo was fun. This year Megan and Kaitlyn were able to get their picture taken with Miss Santaquin. Tyson mainly loved going over by the cows and running up and down the hill with his cousin Ashlyn.

We had a wonderful time! We want to thank my parents for putting up with us during this weekend. Dad we appreciate all the hard work you put into this weekend ( you to mom). I can honestly say that that was the best Sanatquin Days ever!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you guys had fun!! I can't wait to be apart of those fun town things again!!

Trinity said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip. Families need those fun tradition trips. It hasn't been more than a week I think since I've seen you but your pictures look amazing. I think you've fulfilled your goal haven't you!

Kelly said...

Looks fun, I want to go on a pony ride!

Camille said...

Good ol' Santaqin. I miss it up north. Your lucky to have family up there!!!

Frisbys in Germany said...

you know, your blogs are nice and all but I am ALWAYS more home sick after looking at your pictures and reading your blogs.
but I do love it so.