Monday, August 18, 2008

AMA National Hare & Hound in Wendover

So this past weekend while I was in Las Vegas with Amanda and Carla, Wayne was in Wendover taking on an AMA National Hare & Hound 100 mile desert race in Wendover. I would say we were both being pushed to our limits. There was just too much to choose from... Not knowing what to buy... I was on the edge of insanity ( not really, but I did have to make some tough decisions). Wayne was out in the Wendover desert in the blistering heat just trying to keep his 3rd place position which he had held for almost 70 miles. Knowing that I would not let him come home without a trophy. I waited all afternoon to hear from Wayne. Around 5p.m. ( I think) I got a text message telling me how it went. This was Wayne's best race yet. Out of 100 riders in the Novice class Wayne came in 9th over all and 1st (that's right) 1st in his age group of 30 yrs. and older. Now let me remind you that this was a 100 mile race in 100+ degree heat. There were many accidents at this race. One with a Pro rider crashing so bad he is now in a coma due to the large amount of swelling in his brain and another guy with a broken femur. I feel blessed that Wayne only came home with a few scrapes and bruises. I also want to thank Wayne's pit crew... my amazing bro-in-law Jeramy. Without him this race wouldn't have been possible. Congrats Wayne on an amazing race! We are all sooo proud of you!


Picture takin by:Will's Sport Photo

7 comments:

Kim said...

Wow....Congrats Wayne!! That is awesome. Can't wait until we can come watch one of these races.

Trinity said...

That's awesome and terrifying at the same time.
I want to know what you bought in Vegas.

Rachelle said...

you are a brave wife. I would be scared out of my wits if Tom did this. Way to be supportive and way to go Wayne.

Oh I'll get you my piano teacher's name.

Lori said...

You go Wayne! I knew you could learn to keep it on 2 wheels!! I hope you and Seth are still riding when you are 60.
Love,
Your sis

Jill Askerlund said...

Hey, are we going to have to rename you Crazy Wayne or what!!? Just remember to up your life insurance bud!!!

Kelly said...

Wow, that is very impressive! Congrats Wayne! I am glad you were able to go to Vegas and have fun!

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh, I am so excited for twilight! Ahhhh, I can't wait!!