Monday, September 1, 2008

What a Weekend!

What a weekend! Wayne and I have had many world wind weekends, but I think that this one takes the cake. We left on Friday afternoon after Megan got out of school and headed up to Sanatquin. I was excited and nervous because we were trying to make my 10 year high school reunion. I hadn't planned on going because I only went to Payson High my senior year and only new a hand full of people. I knew that most if not all weren't going to be there. But I did have one very close friend tell me that she was going, so I decide to go thinking that I wasn't sure when I would be able to see her again. My reunion was suppose to start at 6:30 p.m. and we made it to my sisters house at 6:20pm. The closer we got to Payson the more nervous I got. When we pulled up and got our name tags I started to scan through the crowed and started to worry that nobody I new had shown up. Then I saw Angela and Hyrum two of the frist people I made friends with my senior year. Then Alleen appeared and a small level of comfort set in. We had dinner, caught up on life, and talked about old times. I am really glad I went and plan on going to every one after.

Saturday was also a big day. Not only was it my cousin Erika's wedding, but it was Alabama's first football game of the year. They played Clemson who is ranked 9th. Wayne is happy to announce that Alabama kicked the stew out of Clemson. Let's hope this is a sign for things to come. So while Ty and Wayne watched the big game I went to SLC with Megan, Kaitlyn and my sister Karri for Erika's wedding.

Sunday we all drove out to Wayne's parents house in Goshen to celebrate our nephew Austin's 9th birthday. Wayne's brother Scott and his family were also in town and it was nice to be able to visit with them. It is usually hit and miss when they come to town and it has been since Christmas (i think) since we saw them last. Megan, Kaitlyn and Ty enjoyed playing with all their cousins especially Myllie and Ethan. We all stuffed ourselves full with good food and caught up on life. I would have to say Wayne's family get togethers are one of my favorite things that we do.
Monday was a girls day. Audra, Angela,Gale, Julia and myself went to see Mamma Mia! I have seen Mamma Mia once already, but I think it was better the second time around. After the movie we went and had lunch at Wingers. It was really nice getting out and spending time with my in-laws (and not having any kids is always a plus). After lunch we went back out to Goshen and visited a little while longer before we decided to head for home.
So as you can see we stuffed as much as we could into one weekend. We had a lot of fun, but we are sooo glad to be home.
Thanks to Janara & Jermay for watching our kids on Friday. And my parents/Audra & Lynn for giving us a place to rest our heads.

9 comments:

Rachelle said...

You must be exhausted. I'm glad you had fun at your reunion. Sometimes I am glad my reunions are 3000 miles away. I don't have to worry about going.

Kim said...

It was so great to see you guys this time down!! Only 3 more months and we will be able to see you guys all the time!! Thanks again for all the scrapbook stuff!!

Trinity said...

You guys always have so much fun. I feel really pathedic now. Our lives are very boring.

Very cute picture of you graduating.

Lori said...

Well, what a cute high school Senior you were-and still are!! Okay, so I'm very jealous when I see all the pictures of the family and I know that my girls are missing out on their cousins. Everyone just needs to move to Birmingham! Looks like great fun!

KA said...

I totally understand the nervousness of the 10 yr HS reunion. Maybe it's better you hadn't planned on going. I think that I stopped eating two weeks before.

Kelly said...

Wow, I was wondering where you guys went. Looks like tons of fun. I love getting together with family also. I am so glad you had fun at your reunion!

Melissa said...

Wow what a crazy weekend, sounds like some of my weekends. We should all slow down and get together for lunch!

Trinity said...

Thanks for the blog info. It really didn't take as long as I thought.

Camille said...

Love the grad picture! I love blogging and that that we can see into each others lives!! Thanks for sharing!