Thursday, September 18, 2008

What a Wonderful Man!


So Monday started out like any other day. I got the kids up and ready for school... blah blah blah. Wayne was suppose to be going on a business trip for work, but it was canceled last minute. You see Wayne comes home and has lunch with me everyday. Sometimes it's just us two and sometimes Kaitlyn and Ty join us. Wayne called me that morning to inform me that he wouldn't be missing our "lunch date". We decide to meet at home at 1 p.m. Ty and I dropped Kaitlyn at school and I stopped at the bank to make a much needed deposit. This made me 10 min late for my lunch date with Wayne. When I arrived home I looked at Ty and he was out like a light. I gently brought him inside and put him in his bed. When I walked in my room to put my shoes away there it was... a single purple rose (my favorite)laying on the bed. I was surprised to say the least. I love when my hunny does little gestures that shows me that he loves me. Wayne(like most men) is not the most romantic person, but he has improved by leaps and bounds in the last several months.

I want to take a minute and list some of the things that I love about my own personal "Southern Gentleman"
1. I love his blue eyes
2. I love his accent especially when it gets thicker while talking to family.
3. i love his bald head ( he really does look better without hair)
4. I love when he snuggles with me in the morning
5. I love his laugh
6. I love his love for our children
7. I'm thankful that he holds the priesthood
8. I love the way he looks in his dirt bike gear (grrrr)
9. I love that he is a hard worker (at work and at play)
10. I love his soft kisses
11. I love watching him play with the kids
12. He has THE nicest butt I have ever seen!
13. His ability to handle money (something I really suck at)
14. I love when he lets me push him out of his comfort zone...whether it be with his clothes or food or anything really.
15. I love him...more than anything else in the world...He is my Edward (cheesy I know, but who else could I compare him to!?)

10 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

That is so sweet! You & Wayne are really cute together. I know that our hubby's are brothers, but it still amazes me just how alike they are. Kudos for Wayne!

Kelly said...

That is so cute. I have to say I love your husbands accent as well. Tell Wayne to give Andy some tips about how to do little romantic gestures. Andy does not know the meaning of romantic.

crazy burnett6 said...

I just may cry!! that is so sweet! could you have Wayne give Cam a call to give him some tips ;) cam was born with out the romantic bone in his body, he got 2 sarcastic bones instead.

Bambi said...

I have to agree with you. Wayne is a wonderful man. Youre lucky as I am in the man that you chose to spend your life with. I haven't been around you two in so long but he was always the most sincere with you it was so adorable. You deserve it all.

Lori said...

Well, it's about time that cute little brother of mine starts being romantic!! I don't know if I have PMS or what, but that made me cry. Very sweet blog Taryn.

Camille said...

AHHHH! So sweet! I don't know if I have ever seen a purple rose before! Way to go Wayne! I think we all have a secret crush on his accent!

Unknown said...

I just know his improvement is because of me:) now he is for sure not going to let us be friends!!!Way to go wayne.

Trinity said...

How great is that? It just goes to show you they do care. I love the picture of the two of you.

Rachelle said...

Yea husbands. They really do have some redeeming qualities