Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm the Hottest one in my class!

Now just imagine if you will. I'm driving my cute little 4 year old daughter to her first day of Pre-school listening to her one of her favorite Camp Rock songs. When she asks me to turn down the music. I turn down the music to hear "Mom, I'm the hottest one in my class." You can only imagine the look on my face. I nearly burst out laughing, but when I saw her face she was very serious. So I asked her who told her that. She named a girl in her class from last year and proceeded to tell me that this little girl would tell Kaitlyn that she was hot every time they were at school.
Kaitlyn has been waiting it seems like forever to go back to school. She picked out her outfit the night before and also told me what hairstyle she wanted. As she waited for the time to pass she watched Barbie and the Diamond Castle. We ended up getting there 30 min early. I took some pictures of her and Ty outside just trying to waste some time. I finally let her go inside and Mrs. Orton took Kaitlyn to the backpack hooks and asked her to find her name. She went down the first row then down the second. As she started her way back up the second row she looked and her teacher and said "this is tricky". She found her hook and we took another picture. We then went into her classroom and she found her name tag, and began to draw with the stencils that were on the table. I took a few more pictures then gave her a hug and said good-bye. I love the way that Kaitlyn can be totally fearless. She walked into that classroom as though she never left it. She did however point out all the changes that had been made. Her sweet little smile just melts my soul. I never have to worry with Kaitlyn I know that she can handle whatever is put in front of her and can usually turn it in to something funny. She is my little baby girl who is growing up, it seems a lot faster then her sister did at this stage in life. Wayne and I want Kaitlyn to know that we love her and are so proud of her.
P.S. Kaitlyn loves her two best buds...She loves being the only girl... and I think she like it when she gets to act silly like the boys.

6 comments:

Kim said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day....I needed that!! Yeah....Kaitlyn on your first day of pre-school!! Hope you had a great time!! Love Ya'll

Trinity said...

Kaitlyn is hot. I just hope the boys don't quite notice that just yet.

Kelly said...

That is hilarious! She cracks me up. I look forward to driving her to school again just so I can listen to the funny things she says!

Jen said...

Well she is the cutest one in her class. I am glad that i am not the only one that had a hard time letting there baby go to preschool

Rachelle said...

My preschooler has lots of friends that are boys too. Is it too soon too worry about this trend. She just loves playing both boy and girl things. What a cutie that Kaitlyn.

Lori said...

You are hot, Kaitlyn! That's great. Don't you just love the things these kids say?!?! What is up with the boy boom? There are only two other girls in Laurel's class. She always comes home and tells me how she didn't get a red light, "but one of those bad boys did!"