Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July!

We love the 4th of July! It has always been remembered as one of those great summer nights with good food, great friends, and fireworks. Now I think it means a little more. Wayne and I both have brothers in the military. Scott serves in the Air force and my brother Erik is in the Army. Scott has been on two tours and Erik has been on his tour for over a year now. I also have a brother-in-law in the Air force and one in the Navy. With such close relations serving in the military risking their lives to fight for mine and my children's freedom and rights this fourth will always be remembered with much more significance and gratitude.


Wayne and I took the Ty and the girls to the Cedar City parade. I think they all had a lot of fun. The girls would run out and get candy and Ty loved the army tank, motorcycle and the fire trucks. We love going to the parade and it has become one of our favorite family traditions.


After the parade my sister Janara and her family got here from Santaquin and we had an awesome BBQ on the driveway and caught up on things. We decided to go to Brianhead to see the fireworks because Jeramy and Janara have never been. We found a great spot on the hillside and we ate a ton of candy and pizza. We love having Janara and her family here. We don't get to see them as often as we would like.







1 comment:

Frisbys in Germany said...

Hey Taryn,
I love all of your pictures!! especially the ones of Ashlyn and Ty!!! I cannot believe how big both of them are and how much Ash looks like 'Nara! She is so beautiful!!!
I need to read your blog more often you are so poetic! I just end up rushing mine!
It's really awesome to read all of you adventures!
also, how do you put pictures in the middle of you blog? all i can figure out how to do is put up a slide.