Sunday, October 24, 2010

Jack-O-lanterns

While visiting the store yesterday Megan noticed that the pumpkins were only $1.98 so without hesitation she asked if her and Kaitlyn and Ty could buy their Halloween pumpkins. I told her yes, but that we would have to come back because we were running late and needed to get to their Aunt Brynn's house. After 6 hours of playing with cousins we made it back Wal-Mart where they all picked out a pumpkin.
So the next day Megan's first question out of her sweet little mouth was..."can we carve our pumpkins now?" I told her later and when later came she asked if she could get them out of the car in the pouring rain. With permission she headed out in the rain and brought all three pumpkins into the house. They then took a pen and drew their faces on the pumpkins. I came up stairs and started the process of cutting the pumpkins when Wayne (the pro) took over. I took pictures of all the fun keeping my hands nice and clean, until it came to gutting Ty's pumpkin.megan's jack o lanternKaitlyn's Jack o lantern Wayne cut the top off and we told Ty to start pulling out the seeds and stuff and he wouldn't go near it. He said it smelled bad and it was gross. We tried everything to get him to just try to pull some of it out, but he stuck to his guns and wouldn't do it. Ty's jack o lanternmmmmm yummyout of the pumpkin jack o lanternnot sure which of my kids took this pic, but it is super cuteAs I started gutting the pumpkins Wayne the pro carver started cutting out the faces the kids had drawn. All in all it was some fun family time.

2 comments:

Kim said...

So much fun! Cute Pictures!

Lori said...

How fun! I seem to skip this part every year. I think I'm alot like Ty. He is so cute!