Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tinkerbell


A few weeks ago Wayne and I noticed that Tink wasn't looking so good. I took her to the Vet and he said that she had a virus and gave me an antibiotic to give to her for 7 days. Two day into it I noticed hundreds of little bumps on her, so again we headed to the Vet and she was treated for ticks. I was told that the frontline given to her would kill the ticks by the weekend. The weekend came and nothing was happening. I decided to take matters into my own hands and spent 2 hours combing and picking ticks off of Tink. Our poor Tink just wasn't getting better. After 3 weeks of hand feeding, bathing and worrying we made the decision to let her go.

We found Tink 2 years ago in our backyard starving and probably scared. We feel in love with her the minute we saw her. She was a feisty kitten who loved to climb trees and chase mice, birds and bugs. She often would leave her kills in the garage so we could see them. She loved being held and cuddled. She was very patient and would let a very young 2 year old Ty "hold" her as long as he wanted without trying to get away. She was the perfect pet and she will be missed dearly.

2 comments:

Kim said...

So sorry to hear about Tink! She looked like a very cute kitty!

Rachelle said...

We have some stray young cats that hang out around our house, if you are looking for a new pet. I have been in a quandary over what to do with these strays. My husband can't tolerate cats but I actually believe they are keeping the jackrabbits away from my property. While I would love to adopt them before they starve or freeze this winter or before they make more little stray kittens.

Unfortunately, this will not work for us. I have considered trapping them and taking them to the shelter. But maybe just maybe we can find them a home.