Friday, September 16, 2011

Disneyland!!!

Wayne and I decided back in April that we would take the kids to Disneyland for the first time. I had a whole month to prepare. We decided that we would make it a surprise seeing that this was their first time going. I put together a cute movie that we would play on the way to Disneyland that would let them in on our little secret. Wayne and I talked about it many times to make sure the execution was flawless.
  The day we left I had the van packed and ready to go so that all we had to do is get the kids up and go. When we finally were on our way Wayne pulled off the side of the road to let the kids watch the movie and so we could get it on video. As the movie started coming to an end I was gearing up for the excited screams that I new would come. Unfortunately that is not what I got. It was probably the worst "surprise your going to Disneyland" reaction I have ever seen. Not one scream of excitement! Not one yell of Disneyland! Nothing! To be honest it was hard for me to keep this secret for a whole month and I was in a state of shock (for the lack of a better word) that I didn't get the reaction I wanted. Oh well maybe next time!
The kids did great during the 9 hour long car ride to CA. We ended up staying with Wayne's cousin Brad and his wife Linda's house. It was so fun being able so spend some time with them. When we arrived they took us to this great little restaurant for dinner. Afterwards Brad and Wayne went to a movie and Linda and I went home with the kids and had a great conversation.

  The next day we headed to Disneyland. I thought with it being a Sunday it wasn't going to be very busy, but that is what my silly Utah brain thought. It wasn't slammed, but we did have to wait in line for 20-30 min for each ride (which I hear isn't bad). Since I was the only veteran of the group (yep it was Wayne's first time too!) I was the leader of the pack. As we were standing in line for the first ride Wayne decided to take a picture of us in every line for every ride through out the four days we were to spent there.
Our first ride in Disneyland was the jungle boat ride
If I mentioned everything we did while at Disneyland this post would be forever long, so I am just going to show lots of pictures and put some captions under them.

 Waiting in line for the buzz lightyear ride (Ty's favorite)

 Watch out! Ty is driving this car

 Our first Disney character sighting

 Love this pic. Ty is shooting in almost every picture

 Kaitlyn meeting her favorite Disney character. She was star struck! All she could do is nod and smile when Tinkerbell would ask her a question. It was totally worth the long wait.

 We took a day off from Disney Land and took a tour around CA
Kaitlyn found this starfish on a rock.

Went to the Grauman's Chinese theater were the girls found Johnny Depp

 We visited the L.A. temple

 Megan, Hannah, Kaitlyn and Ty

 Family photo op

 The kids first time seeing the ocean

Ty won! He lasted the longest when it came to eating a ginormous sundae
The kids were so brave to get in their swimsuits and get into the water cause it was so cold!
Wayne is such a good daddy to get into the water with his babies.
We had a blast! I was hard to say good-bye to beautiful CA, but our 5 days were up. We couldn't have asked for better accommodations. Brad, Linda and their girls were the best. We can't wait to go back and spend some more time discovering CA and spending time with the Smith family and making memories.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Glad to see you are back to blogging. Missed you. I love that your kids just saw the ocean for the first time.