Friday, March 27, 2009

Not 1 but 2

So while Kaitlyn was in the hospital she discovered that she had her first loose tooth. She was so excited about it that she told everyone who came into the room. I even let her call Megan before she left for school so she didn't have to wait all day to tell her.

Kaitlyn has been very vigilant about wiggling her tooth. She would come up to me several times a day and ask me to wiggle it to see if it was ready. I would always say "almost keep wiggling". On Sunday night it was finally time. We tide some dental floss around it and I told her that I was just going to pull when she wasn't paying attention. So we sat for a minute or so and then I pulled and out it came. She was so excited and confused at the same time. She ran and got some toilet paper to stop the bleeding and then ran into the office to show Wayne.
Earlier in the week I had discovered that her other bottom front tooth was loose. Several minutes had passed and I asked Kaitlyn to let me check her other tooth. It to was ready to come out. So like the first we tied some dental floss around her tooth and I waited til she was distracted and then I pulled. And like the first the second popped right out. So in one night she lost her first and second tooth.
At bed time she put them under her pillow and for the first time she went to bed with out stalling. In the morning she ran in my room to show me that the Tooth Fairy had brought her $2.00. She now has been waiting very patiently for her mom to take her to the dollar store so she can spend her well earned money.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow...2 teeth in one day. How Fun!!

Lori said...

How cute! She all of a sudden looks so much older. I'm glad to hear that she is feeling better. Keep us updated.