Thursday, February 24, 2011

Simple Talent

As most of you know I have a love for making crafty things. Most of them are good, but not great. Through out my life I have been blessed to be surrounded by amazingly talented people who inspire me to perfect my own talents. I would like to show case one of these talented ladies in my life, my childhood bestie Sarah. Sarah Burnett has been a great friend of mine since we were in grade school. I knew early on in our friendship that I would not be able to compete with this talented woman. She is a master baker/cook. I have yet to eat something made from her hands that has not be amazing. For instance this amazing Spongebob Squarepants cake she made




And she has done many many many wedding cakes including my little brother Erik's. I am definitely not much of a baker/cook but she inspires me. K so that's not all Sarah is also an amazing seamstress. When I was more concerned with how my hair looked she was already cutting out patterns and stitching up her own skirts and dresses. She has made these to adorable dresses for her girls out of old shirts that her husband didn't use anymore.

And if all that wasn't enough she is also a master craftsman. I have been a recipient of some of her smaller yet awesome wood crafts, but when Sarah puts her mind to something you can bet it will be done (with a little help from the husband). This is the bed she made for her daughters.Sarah is simply talented not just in making things, but she is one of the most giving people I know. She is always there to listen to me vent about stupid things even if she is having a bad day. I love this lady and I have been so blessed to have had her in my life for nearly 20 years and hope to continue to have her in my life for the next 2o years.

2 comments:

crazy burnett6 said...

AWWW, Tar, you made me cry. I really needed this. thank you! and thats why we are friends. Love ya!

Taryn said...

Well you are simply amazing