Saturday, February 28, 2009

I just need to VENT!

Okay, so most of you know that I joined in on the Cedar City Biggest Loser. Before I even committed to do this I sat down with Wayne for a couple days a discussed how much weight I wanted to lose and if it was even possible. We went though what I should be eating, how many calories, what my exercise plan was and how much I should be doing and for what amount of time I should be doing it for. I felt (and so did Wayne) that my goal to lose 15 lbs. was doable.

I started off strong losing 3 lbs. in the first week. Then an additional 2 lbs. in the second week. I was feeling great. I was right were I wanted to be. When week three came around I was becoming very discouraged when I gained 2 lbs back. Then week 4 was here and I wasn't losing a dang thing despite my efforts. I talked to every person I could think of that might be able to help me get through this blasted plateau that was stealing my motivation from me. I am a very competitive person and it was just killing me to read every Sunday that my friends were still doing great and I was stuck not moving an inch let a lone a pound. Week 5 (with the help of others) I decided to drop weights out of my routine and focus strictly on cardio. I started doing high impact during the day and low impact at night hoping that I could catch up. I dropped the two pounds I gained and in week 6 dropped two more, but according to the scale I gained four from my trip to Disneyland. Which really ticks me off cause I was choosing healthy foods for the most part. I did eat at Olive Garden one day and had a few small frozen snacks during the day, but I was walking fast enough through out the day that my heart rate was up. I was doing a low impact cardio for 13 hrs straight two days in row. It was extremely madding when I came back showing a 4 lb gain and I didn't even pig out like I wanted to. So now I am back up to what I was before I had my lovely plateau and with only 2 weeks to go I knew I need to do something drastic to get off those four pounds quick. I did the lemonade diet for two days and dropped two of those 4 pounds. So now that we are in the final week I am frustrated and confused. I feel like I am really on the biggest loser and I know that I should be proud of the weight I have lost, but feel totally frustrated that I have worked my butt off like I never have before and that I have almost nothing to show for it. I have one day left before weigh in and I really don't want to go. I see the change in my friends (competition) and know that most have met their goals. I think for the first time in my life I will be totally embarrassed by what the scale says, and it isn't even for the lack of trying. If I didn't try I wouldn't care, but I have never in my life tried so hard for something and feel like I failed.

*I didn't write this to get sympathy from any one I just needed to get it out. It is sometimes easier for me to write down what I am feeling then to say it out loud. Thank for letting my vent.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I am nervous that I am not going to meet my goal either! I know how hard you have been working! Honestly, it doesn't matter what the scale says it is how you feel and how your clothes fit. You look fabulous!! So just feel good about how hard you have worked and how great you look! It is a bummer that you won't get the 40 bucks but I am sure you are not the only one, I might not either! As of this morning I still have a pound and a half to lose which drives me crazy because I am so close!! See you tommorrow!

KA said...

Don't drop the weights! I'm not the skinniest minnie in the bunch. However, I LOVE to research (if only planning could be enough)and you will burn MORE calories by increasing your lean muscle mass, and have a nicer shape. Sometimes you need to challenge yourself with a new exercise to keep your body and mind interested. In the end, just focus on the subtle lifestyle changes that are going to make the difference over the next 10 years. You may not take home the trophy this time, but you can be proud of being in the circle of people that isn't letting a nation-wide obesity epidemic beat them. Good Luck!

Trinity said...

It really is frustrating when you do all in your power and it seems to come up short.

I agree with your friend from the earlier post. You look amazing in every picture you take. You are a gorgeous woman that I have always thought has that model look.

Try not to beat yourself up anymore.

Rachelle said...

OK first of all You looked amazing today. I mean absolutely beautiful. Now I didn't do the biggest loser thing but I did set my own weight loss goals which I did not meet. I hit a plateau too and I started eating a little crazy again. But I have not given up on my exercise and I maintained my weight, eventhough I had a huge eating binge during my cruise. I may not have lost a lot of weight but I have noticed my body becoming stronger and leaner as I exercise and I am going to let myself feel good about that. Eventhough I am still stuck on my plateau because dang it I have worked hard and will continue to work hard and we deserve to give ourselves some credit. So I know you are frustrated. I would be too. But you deserve a pat on the back.

Laura said...

My hubby and I follow the DASH diet and are amazed at how healthy we feel. The main thing is eating tons of high volume foods, and consuming 5 fruits and 5 vegetables every single day. It's so tough. My hubby is graduating from med school this June, and has a PhD in exercise physiology ( I'm so proud of him :) And he swears by this diet as well as interval cardio workouts and low weight, high rep weight lifting. But at the end of the day it's calories in vs. calories out.
Keep it up! You'll get there.