Saturday, January 17, 2009

Little Boys!!!

I know that I am still a newbie when it comes to boys and I am often surprised by the things that Ty does. I believe that I was totally spoiled with my girls. They never got in to anything they were happy and content to sit on the floor and play with their toys as long as I was in the same room. They never got out of the house and wondered off or even drew on the walls if they happened upon a pen, marker etc.

Well this weekend my sister came down from Santaquin to visit. She is a pro at the boy thing having three of her own plus she takes care of my nephew. She on the other hand is a newbie with girls, but after three boys Ashlyn is a piece of cake. Ashlyn and Ty are real close in age and the play really good together.
Yesterday we decided to go to the store and as we were trying to get all the older boys to get their shoes on and get in the car Ty and Ashlyn went missing. Janara heard a faint "mom help". She found them across the street in the neighbors backyard stuck in the mud! Janara not wanting to get herself all muddy talked Ty out of being stuck, which meant he took his foot out of his boot and walked through the mud barefoot. When Janara came walking up the sidewalk with Ty and Ashlyn I noticed Ty was walking a little funny. The closer I got the more I realized why. He was covered from toe to waste in mud and not just a little mud. Ashlyn has some on her pant and shoes, but came out mostly clean.



In all my years of watching my nephews grow up I never saw them like this. An occasional muddy shoe but that was it. I really think that Ty has taken the cake on this one or maybe I should say the pie...mud pie

11 comments:

crazy burnett6 said...

good job Ty!! I love little boys, they are definitely not afraid to get dirty!

Stacy said...

I totally know the mud thing and have been there every year for 8 years! I love it! You're a great mom ( and a great Primary teacher by the way - Noah loves you!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious!!
Ty is too cute!

Rachelle said...

Love the pics and unfortunately we live in a muddy place. My son went to rescue a friends little boy from the mud at our house 2yrs ago. My own son walked into the mud with his rollerblades and got stuck himself. Oh boys make me laugh.

Kelly said...

Oh this is just the beginning!! I love the picture of Ty's crack! Hilarious.

Lori said...

I just know that mom has a picture in the family album that looks exactly like that! I feel like I'm looking at Wayne all over again. Cute, cute!!

Unknown said...

I don't know how you do it he really is such a boy!!!

Camille said...

Holy Moley! I would hate to be you washing machine!

Frisbys in Germany said...

wonderful!

Anonymous said...

So this is what I have to look forward to...with Ryder. I know he is going to be just like that. It really is a cute picture. Gotta love boys!!

KA said...

My oh my, do our little dudes need to get together! Secret confession...when I watched HS Musical with MK, one of the lines between the athletes was "we've been best friends since PreSchool." I seriously thought of Ty and guessed that could be he and Buddy in 15 years from now (if we find our way back to Cedar City).